There are numerous dental insurance plans in the marketplace today. They are too numerous and varied to allow us to know the details of all of them. The particular plan that you have is a contract between you and your insurance company. Your particular dental plan may or may not cover the full extent of the costs you incur for your dental treatment. This can occur as the fees in our office are based on factors that may not have been considered when your dental plan came into effect. Furthermore, there may be certain procedures performed that are not covered through your dental plan. These factors are beyond our control.
We strive to deliver the finest care at the most reasonable cost to our patients. Our fees are based upon the time required to perform the treatment plan selected, the complexity of treatment, and the overhead expenses related to providing this care.
Payment is due in full at the time of surgery unless other arrangements have been made in advance. For your convenience, we can accept assignment for the insured portion of your treatment. It is then your responsibility to pay the deductible amount, co-insurance, co-pay, or any other balance not paid for by your insurance company.
It may be to your advantage to have a ‘predetermination of benefits’ completed by this office prior to surgery in order that you may better understand what your insurance plan covers. Please bring all your insurance information with you to the consultation so that we can proceed with a proper ‘predetermination’. As a courtesy to you, our staff will complete the dental portion of the claim form, and attempt to submit your ‘predetermination’ or ‘claim’ electronically on your behalf.
Our treatment coordinators make every effort to inform our patients of the cost of treatment prior to the surgery day. When finances are a concern, we strongly recommend waiting for a written response (predetermination) from your insurance provider. If you have questions regarding your account, or need to make special financial arrangements, please contact us at Lethbridge Office Phone Number 587-425-1600. Many times, a simple telephone call will clear up any misunderstandings.
1. For your convenience, we can often accept assignment for the insured portion of your treatment. It is your responsibility to pay the deductible amount, co-insurance, co-pay, or any other balance not paid for by your insurance company. We accept cash, VISA, Mastercard, and Debit. We cannot accept cheques. Providing us with your complete dental insurance information will expedite processing.
2. If you have received written pre-authorization from your insurance company prior to your surgery date, we request payment of the balance not covered by your insurance on the day of surgery. (NOTE: If we do not receive payment from the insurance company within 30 days after surgery, you will be billed directly. Overdue balances will be sent to collections upon our discretion.)
3. If written pre-authorization or insurance information has not arrived prior to the surgery date, we request a deposit or full payment on the day of surgery.
4. Your general anesthetic will be administered and monitored at Chinook Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery by a medical anesthesiologist. This service is generally not covered under Alberta Health Care and we will bill you directly for the anesthesia portion of your visit. Your dental insurance may (or may not) include coverage for the general anesthetic when a medical doctor provides this service. If we are not able to include medical anesthesiologist charges on the form submitted by this office, we will provide you with a separate form indicating the medical anesthesiologist charges and the appropriate codes. You may then take this form directly to your insurance carrier to see if any reimbursement is possible.
5. Please remember that you are fully responsible for all fees charged by this office regardless of your insurance coverage. We are here to help you! If you require special assistance in handling your account, please speak with our staff at the consultation visit.